Here are a list of MAKEUP HACKS that make my life a lot easier 😉
1. Hit your eyelash curler with a hair dryer to heat it up, so your lashes curl easier.
Blowing hot air on your eyelash curler will help your lashes curl easier and stay curled longer; it works the same way heat changes the pattern of your hair and holds a curl with a curling iron. To do it, hit the lash curler with your blow dryer until it heats up, wait until it cools slightly but is still warm (you want to be sure not to burn your eyelid), and then clamp down on your lashes to curl them.
2. Get fuller lashes and brows with a coat of powder.
Dust a sheer coat of translucent powder in between coats of mascara to plump and volumize your lashes. It gives the formula something to grip to without weighing down your lash hairs with too many coats. It works on brows, too.
3. Instantly make your eyes look more awake by lining the waterline with a nude eye pencil.
Not only will this trick brighten your eyes, but it’ll also make you look wide-eyed.
4. If you’re out of liquid or gel eyeliner, use some mascara instead of going to the store. Use a small liner brush to grab the product on your mascara brush.
5. Make highlighting and contouring easy as (1,2,) 3.
To highlight your face, quickly make a “3” with a concealer two shades lighter than your skin tone. Draw the top line above your brow, middle line above your cheekbone, and bottom line right above your jawbone.
To contour your face, draw a backwards “3” (like the shape of an “E”) in a concealer two shades darker than your skin tone. Start the top line on your temple, put the middle line right below your cheekbone, and draw the bottom line underneath your jawbone. Then buff out the two shades, blending the lines completely for a seamless finish.
6. Make your own lip gloss.
Don’t throw away your broken eye shadows. Instead, turn them into lip gloss. Crush the eye shadow into powder, then mix with petroleum jelly to make any color lip gloss you like.
7. No More Lipstick on Your Teeth.
After applying your lipstick, put your finger in your mouth. Close your lips around your finger, then pull your finger out. The excess lipstick will get on your finger, and not on your teeth.
8. Draw an X on Your Lips to Make Them Appear Fuller.
By using the tip of your lipstick or a matching lip liner to first create an “X” in the middle of your top lip, it’ll help you define your Cupid’s bow, give the appearance of fuller lips, and make a crisper, cleaner lipstick look.
9. Make any lipstick ‘matte’.
For long-lasting lip color, swipe on your shade, lay a tissue over your mouth, and then dust translucent powder over it to set the color. It will instantly turn matte!
10. Use pink/red/peach lipstick as blush.
Rub a dot or two of lipstick into the apples of your cheeks for a rosy glow. Make sure the lipstick isn’t too brown or too matte.
Hope you find these makeup hacks useful!